Hello MMHA Families,
Welcome to the 2021-2022 Hockey Season! I hope this email finds everyone well and ready to play!!
I am sending this email to update everyone on this upcoming season.
Our skates for ALL players will start the week of September 11th. These skates are for players to get back on the ice before evaluations for both LL and rep begin. Some divisions are divided by last name for these skates. These are posted on the schedule on the website. Please continue to check the websites as ice time changes may change. There will be a sign in table for all skates – please make sure you sign your child in before they go to the dressing room.
Our REP tryouts for U11 and above begin the week of September 24th. If your child is interested in trying out for REP, please register on our registration website by selecting “Rep Tryout Fee”. Rep tryout fees can be paid by e-transfer to [email protected] or by cheque at the first scheduled tryout.
Your child will NOT be allowed on the ice if their registration fee is not paid in full. For new players – The respect in sport activity leader course must be complete, copy of birth certificate sent into me and registration fees are fully paid before your child is allowed on the ice.
Reminder – Registration fees can be paid by e-transfer to [email protected]
Waivers will be sent to you shortly by email. Please watch your email and junk mailboxes for these.
The Town of Midland and OMHA have restrictions put in place due to the Covid-19 pandemic. It is very important that these rules are followed so that we can have a successful hockey season. Restrictions are as follows and could change as we go:
- 2 spectators per player are allowed in the arena. No more than that. Unfortunately, this may mean siblings won’t be able to attend for larger families. This is put in place to keep numbers at capacity limit in the arena as they are only allowed to have 50% capacity.
- Masks must be worn in the building and physical distancing taken place,
- Players of ALL AGES must wear masks until their helmet is on and physical distance in the dressing room areas. Teams will be given multiple change rooms so that they can do this. The number of people allowed in each dressing room is posted on the door.
- Dressing room washrooms and showers are closed.
- Players are to arrive no earlier than 30 minutes before their scheduled ice time and promptly go to the designated change room to start getting dressed.
- All players and parents must leave the building 15 minutes after their ice time has concluded.
Vaccine Information: OMHA just announced tonight - OMHA will be mandating that all eligible participants involved in minor hockey, are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 for the the upcoming season. All eligible participants are required to be fully vaccinated by October 31, 2021. We are also waiting to hear from our local health unit about what the vaccine passports mean for youth sports in our area. Once we have an update, I will send you all another email. We will also be posting OMHA’s full vaccine policy on our website.
If you are wanting to volunteer your time with us whether it be as an on-ice volunteer or a highly encouraged coaching staff position, please contact me and I can send you the information needed.
I believe that is all the updates I have for now. Please make sure you check the schedule for your child’s first scheduled ice time.
We hope you have a fantastic long weekend and let’s have a fun, safe and great hockey season!