Now Hiring a Ice Scheduler, Referee Assignor and Head Timekeeper for the 2023-2024 season.
- Ice Scheduler
- Head Timekeeper
- Referee Scheduler
To apply with your expression of interest, please click the link below, fill out your contact information, select which position(s) you are interested in and submit for review. Deadline is April 1.
2023/24 Staff Applications
Thank you for your interest.
The Ice Scheduler is responsible for the procurement of ice time from local facilities to support the operation of the association, for developing policy on the use and allocation of the ice (subject to Board approval), and for maintaining a positive relationship with the management of the local ice facilities and officials. As an appointed position by the MMHA Board of Directors, you are a representative of the general hockey public, working in the best interest of the entire youth organization on behalf of the association’s board. You are required to provide status, input and direction to the executive board related to the area of responsibility as defined within this description.
- Negotiate and procure ice time from local rinks in support of association activities
- Attend all ice time meeting with the town officials and MMHA Board meetings
- Develop and manage the association’s ice budget
- Develop recommended policies for ice allocation to the board for approval
- Maintain positive relationship with area arena managers and officials
- Has overall responsibility for scheduling team practices and games
- Attends the GMHA and GBTLL scheduling meetings
- Review and approve invoices for the use of ice and officials
- Maintains yearly goal and use reports
- Updates scheduled and posts via the association website, communicates updates
- Provide reports to board regarding ice utilization.
- Review all practice/game schedules
- Contribute required time which may include weekends and evenings
- Required to attend association defined meetings when required
- May be required to drive to required locations, i.e. arenas, meetings, etc.
- Personal computer with word processing capabilities/tools
- E-mail capability, required to maintain and interact via email on a regular basis
- Cellular phone or voice mail capability at residence
- Must provide consistent and regular communications to designated board director(s)
- Assign Timekeepers to All MMHA Sanctioned games
- Hire Timekeepers
- Keep Track of Pays
- Provide up to date training for all timekeepers especially new timekeepers
- Fill in when no timekeepers are available
- Make sure timekeepers are qualified/handle their assignments
- On Call if anyone has any issues with game sheets or ipads.
- Assign all games to qualified on-ice officials of all leagues that the MMHA is responsible for.
- Communicate with the Ice Scheduler on a frequent basis about the scheduling of games and cancellations.
- Work with the RIC, local, regional, and area supervisors to provide supervision assignments when required.
- Work with the RIC, local, regional, and area supervisors to assign league playoffs, and OMHA Play-downs, of the level of hockey each official is qualified to do.
- Keep records of assigned officials.
- Advise the treasurer as to the cost of the referees’ services, when required.
- In the event of suspensions, ensure that the official is not assigned any games and does not work any games for other officials during the period of suspension.
- Report to the Referee-in-Chief.
- Receive an honorarium of $1500 at the end of the season.