We are planning for a Normal 2021-2022 hockey season! Regular Registration opens Friday June 4, 2021 and runs until Friday August 27, 2021 due to the Hockey Canada Registry Upgrade.
This coming seasons timelines will look a little different than they have in the past. Skates and tryouts will be starting in September instead of August. OHF, Hockey Canada and OMHA did not do spring tryouts this year and now tryouts for ALL divisions must happen in the fall.
With the new Registry System provided for us you will need to create a new log in - your old one for registration is no longer valid with this new registration system. This system is brand new and there are still some glitches to iron out. If you need any help navigating this new system please contact Colleen Baker at [email protected].
Those who registered for Early Bird registration will be manually registered into this new system to honour the Early Bird discount.
Fees For The 2021-2022 Season
- U7 (IP - Initiation) - $500.00
- U8 (Minor Novice) - $575.00
- U9 - U18 (Major Novice - Midget) - $725.00
IMPORTANT - NEW – Socks will no longer be provided by MMHA but are mandatory to purchase. They are now available for purchase through our new registration system when you register. Local League players are only required to purchase the white (home) socks. Rep players are required to purchase both white (home) and blue (away) socks. If you have the knit socks still in good condition and fit then you will not need to purchase socks this year. The socks being sold are KOBE k3G Jersey Fabric - They are a more durable fabric than the knit ones that have been offered in the past. U7 and U8 ARE NOT REQUIRED TO BUY SOCKS AS THEY RECIEVE SOCKS THROUGH THE TIMBITS PROGRAM.
Sock Pricing:(Taxes included)
X-Small (18”) - $28.99
Small (22”) - $28.99
Medium (26”) - $29.99
Large (30”) - $31.99
An email will be sent out to Early Bird registrants about purchasing socks as theirs will have to be done manually this season with their Early Bird Registration.
Rowan’s Law, Player's Code, Parent's Code and Consent Form are now attached to registration. Early Bird registrants will receive an email to complete these waivers.
Early Bird Discount - $50.00
- Early Bird Registration -April 1, 2021 to April 30, 2021 - in order to qualify for this discount all post-dated cheques, money orders or scheduled e-transfers must be in by April 30, 2021.
Family Discount - $50.00
- $50.00 discount for the 3rd player will be applied per family with three players registered at the same address.
Rep Tryout Fee - $60.00 - to be paid before first try-out
- Rep Fees - $150.00 - to be paid immediately after tryouts are complete.
PLEASE NOTE THAT OHF HAS ANNOUNCED THAT U9 WILL NO LONGER PARTICIPATE IN REP HOCKEY.
Request for Permission to Skate (AAA/Junior ONLY) or Non-Resident Passports (A/AA ONLY)
- Requests will be available from April 1, 2021 – May 31, 2021. Please note: To save your child’s spot in MMHA if for some reason your child does not make the team you are trying out for, you must pay half of the season’s fee, before receiving the PTS or Non-Resident Passport. The other half will need to be paid before your child goes on the ice for MMHA. We can not guarantee your child a spot if you choose not to save a spot at the time of request. Upon request, please email [email protected] information of what team your child will be trying out for.
Fees can be mailed to the address below or dropped off in the MMHA Drop box at the North Simcoe Recreation Centre outside of customer service.
- Attention: MMHA Treasurer
PO Box 482
Midland, ON. L4R 4L3
NSF Cheques or Any Returned Cheques
- You will be charged $30.00 on any returned cheque. Payment must be made in CASH/CERTIFIED CHEQUE OR MONEY ORDER for the returned cheque plus the NSF charge and the balance owing on any other cheque etc. issued to MMHA before the player is allowed on the ice.
The same also applies to players applying for financial assistance. Parents and guardians are encouraged to apply for financial assistance NOW to ensure payment is received on time to take advantage of the discount.
There are several sources for financial assistance available in our area. The MMHA recommends contacting organizations such as We Are The Villagers, JumpStart, Lace ‘Em Up and Bunn's Kids to find out how they may be able to help out with your hockey fees or contact the MMHA Sponsorship Director at [email protected]
The MMHA encourages parents/guardians to submit payment on or before April 30, 2021 with cheque post-dated for August 30, 2021. This ensures the $50.00 discount! Once the MMHA Treasurer has received confirmation of financial assistance (if it covers the full registration) your cheque will be marked VOID.
Please be advised it is the parent’s/guardian’s responsibility to arrange payments to the MMHA. The MMHA cannot coordinate arrangements for financial assistance payments with third party organizations. Player registration fee must be paid in full prior to first skate/practice of the 2021/2022 season.
- April 30, 2021 - 5 cheques
- May 30, 2021 - 4 cheques
- June 30, 2021 - 3 cheques
- July 30, 2021 - 2 cheques
- August 30, 2021 - 1 cheque
PAYMENT OF FEES MUST BE PAID IN FULL BEFORE YOUR CHILD GOES ON THE ICE.
If you are new to the MMHA you must complete the Respect in Sports Course for Parents, send in a copy of your child’s birth certificate and proof of address before your child’s first skate. Your child will not be able to participate until this is done.
When you register please see the new names for divisions, so you are registering for the right division:
- U7 - IP (Initiation) - 2015-2017
- U8 - Minor Novice - 2014
- U9 - Major Novice - 2013
- U11 - Atom - 2012/2011
- U13 - Peewee - 2010/2009
- U15 - Bantam - 2008/2007
- U18 - Midget - 2006-2004
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact Colleen Baker MMHA President at [email protected]